Breastfeeding can be mentally and physically draining– no pun intended. Thankfully, breast pumps give moms a helping hand throughout the breastfeeding process. When it comes to the best insurance breast pumps, Pumps for Mom is here to provide expert insight into which breast pump is right for you. Read below to learn about the benefits of Ameda breast pumps and how you may be able to get a free Ameda breast pump through your insurance.
Benefits of Ameda Breast Pumps
Ameda didn’t become the go-to breast pump brand for healthcare institutions and millions of mothers overnight. More than 75 years ago, a Swedish inventor and engineer developed an efficient and comfortable breast pump that still serves as the foundation for Ameda breast pumps today. As technology advances, Ameda continues to modify their breast pump models to create more efficient and lightweight breast pumps with outstanding benefits that help make a breastfeeding mom’s life easier.
- Portability: Ameda breast pumps are designed for moms on the move. Most Ameda breast pumps have options for battery power, so moms can pump wherever they go. In addition to battery options, Ameda breast pumps are lightweight and compact enough for moms to toss into their Dottie Tote, Minnie Tote, or any other purse when mom and baby are ready to hit the town.
- Customizable Settings: Ameda offers CustomControl™ settings for both speed and suction so moms can find the perfect settings for comfort and milk flow. Ameda breast pumps also retain the most recently used settings and will revert to those settings at the start of the next pumping session. Adjustable settings for speed and suction mean moms can discover the expression settings that work best for them and adapt their pumping sessions as they continue to breastfeed.
- Safety: Each Ameda breast pump is a closed system, which means expressed breast milk does not come in contact with any unhygienic pump parts. Select breast pumps also feature the HygieniKit® Milk Collection System with Proven Airlock Protection™, which is a system that includes an FDA-cleared barrier that protects breast milk and babies from bacteria, mold, and viruses. This unique protection keeps breast pump tubing dry by preventing air flow between expressed milk and pump tubing during pumping sessions. An added plus? With Proven Airlock Protection™, moms don’t have to constantly clean narrow breast pump tubing.
- Comfort: Ameda’s focus on making breastfeeding moms feel comfortable sets them apart from other breast pump brands. ComfortFlow™ Technology is just one of Ameda’s solutions to uncomfortable breast pumping. This technology is commonly used in hospital-grade pumps to ensure a comfortable and smooth feel to establish milk flow and maintain milk supply with sensations that mimic a baby’s natural suckling. Additionally, with seven different breast flange sizes in the CustomFit Flange™ System that are compatible with all Ameda breast pumps, Ameda prioritizes moms’ comfort as they pump.
What Are My Choices for Ameda Breast Pumps?
- Ameda Mya Breast Pump: This hospital strength breast pump is the all-in-one solution for moms on the move. The Ameda Mya breast pump is compact, super lightweight, ultra-silent, and comes with a rechargeable battery so new moms can pump anytime, anywhere. This pump offers 280 mmHg of suction and can be used as a single or double electric breast pump depending on each mom’s needs. Additionally, the Ameda Mya features two-phase adjustable suction modes with ten different levels of suction for expression mode and five different levels for massage/stimulation, as well as a memory function to automatically stores the settings of the most recent pumping session.
- Ameda Finesse Double Electric Breast Pump: With ComfortFlow™ Technology designed to mimic a baby’s natural suckling and the HygieniKit® Milk Collection System as an FDA-cleared protective barrier against bacteria, mold, and viruses, the Ameda Finesse can do it all. This double electric breast pump offers impressive portability thanks to its lightweight design and optional battery power. The Ameda Finesse also offers separate speed and suction dials with 32 customizable options, so moms can develop the perfect multiphase pumping system for them. Additionally, the Ameda Finesse with Dottie Tote comes with the Ameda Finesse breast pump along with a storage cooler and bottles, two different breast flange sizes, a sample pack of nursing pads, a sample pack of Store’N Pour™ storage bags, and the timelessly fashionable Dottie Tote.
Can I Get an Ameda Breast Pump Through Insurance?
With help from the expert team at Pumps for Mom, you may be able to get a free Ameda breast pump through insurance. The Affordable Care Act requires most insurance plans to cover the cost of a breast pump, so moms can feed their little one the best breast milk without worrying about how they will pay for a breast pump. New moms can rely on Pumps for Mom to guide them through every step of the process to get a free breast pump through insurance.
Pumps for Mom is here to make your life easier. For new moms on the hunt for the best insurance breast pump, your search can start and finish with Pumps for Mom. Our simple qualification form makes it easy for new moms to immediately see which breast pumps are covered by their insurance and which upgrade pumps may cost a small amount out-of-pocket. There’s no waiting around for a representative to tell you what you qualify for; just enter your insurance information, browse the best breast pump brands like Ameda, select your ideal pump, and we’ll get it to you as soon as possible. Breastfeeding moms are superheroes–let Pumps for Mom help you take advantage of your superpower.